Friday, May 28, 2010

Culture and Travel

I realized I am like my mom in a way.

My mom has itchy feet when she was younger. She has lived and traveled to Pangasinan, Iloilo, Zamboanga and Laguna.. so she knows different dialects that sort of delight visitors in our house because they converse in the native dialect.

I find this interesting..

LIke connecting to other human beings, wanting to know their culture and tradition.. and making friends with them (and so I can go travel to places without fear because Im with a local ^_^)


As I travel the Philippines and know bits of culture of every region.. I stay amazed..

Since Im in the visayas, I was made aware that when I speak tagalog, people here will find it weird... just like when visayans talk when they are in Manila or anywhere in a Tagalog speaking place...

Sometimes I think... gantihan ba ito? Or do we have our own racial discrimination?

Hopefully not.. People's culture and perspectives are just different.. we just need to learn how to respect each other... and in the end, make friends ^_^

I guess that is one step of building unity.. besides this nation is divided by islands already.. hope the division will not extend to our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment